Legend PHP/JS hero
About the company:
- Videal was founded in mid-2007 by one software engineer with sales & marketing skills and one talented lead engineer from Kharkiv, Ukraine. We have been walked a long way from working on small consulting projects from freelance websites to building many years successful cooperation in a field of custom software engineering with world-known startups and product companies such as Shop.com, Seleritycorp.com, Extralogisticsoftware.com, Elastic.io, Triggmine.com, Unisender.ru, Modanisa.com, Nutrlilyze.com, GetNugg.com, LocalBlox.com, Accelerate.app and others. Videal successfully delivered over 50 mid-size and long-term projects to the clients from the US and Europe in such industries as: Marketing, eCommerce, FinTech, Logistics & Transportation, Email Marketing, Nutrition, Pharmacy. During the last five years, we transformed all our hard work, experience, and research efforts into the direction of working in Web and Big Data engineering niches, also focused on team extension for product companies. Nowadays, we are proud to say that Videal - is a team of TOP-rated Big Data engineering monsters!
Why and What we expect:
- Read business and technical documentation with a purpose of understanding a business logic of the application.
- Analyze and get full understanding of the existing product architecture.
- Be able to make suggestions regarding product architecture improvements or re-design.
- Write source code with minimum defects.
- Test all developed functionality manually or develop automated tests.
- Fix bugs(if found) before delivering the code to QA department.
- Commit code to GIT (tested on development stage and ready for test stage)
- opening/intake video calls: presentation and description of a new modules requirements specifications and how it should work.
- daily meetings on demand with client regarding SRS questions, product knowledgebase (text chat, voice video calls).
- face-to-face meetings during client`s visits to Kharkiv office.
- face-to-face meetings during business vacation to the office of the client.
- Communicate with Videal team, pm/techlead: questions regarding modules requirements specification, product knowledgebase, organization questions
- Follow project work schedule: 09-00(11-00) - 18-00(21-00), 1-2 hour for break/lunch.
- Submit a daily status reports in time tracking system about the work that was done during a day including spent hours for each task.
- Give a feedback/propositions regarding new ideas and possible improvements of product or engineering process to Videal project coordinator in a written form.
Videal internal(about 10% of work time):
Professional growth (technologies):
- Create/update personal growth roadmap/plan/skill set
- Perform the activities from personal growth roadmap/plans (permanently)
- Report about the results of personal growth to his mentor
Professional growth (English):
- Create/update English learning roadmap/plan/skill set
- Perform the activities from English learning roadmap/plan
- Take English tests 1 time / Quarter
- Write articles on hot cutting edge JS engineering topics for Videal blog.
- Develop source code samples and resuable modules of functionality, deploy it to corporate GIT ( Videal framework).
- We seek for a mirror mind people who will share our mission, philosophy, values and will continue to grow along with our company for long term period. Candidate should be a process-oriented, strong logical thinking, high accuracy person with a pro-active mindset, a desire and ability of permanent professional growth, also with ability to analyze, process and classify an information and pay attention to details.
- Rich experience and knowledge of SQL and MySQL
- Experience of building API using RESTAPI
- Refactoring experience
- Effective work with Git
- NIX systems at the level of the average user
- Advanced writing and speaking English level:
- fluent reading the documentation, watching a video requirements of the project, chatting
- ability to present own ideas, opinion and give arguments
- fast and correct listening and understanding the requirements, needs of a client during communication (Scrum)
- Ability and passion of writing a high quality code, creating a quality product with a minimum of defects
- Ability of following source code standards
- Understanding of what "long-term" project is, desire and ability to gradually make an improvements in a project, without going into global change existing code.
- Ability to independently and effectively organize own work process.
- Experience of working in a team with a European client (Netherlands).
- Ability to quickly and independently understand the specifications and documentation of the project
- Ability to follow the standards and processes of the client Tracking customer requests, wishes and feedback
Nice to have:
- The skills and experience of management, team management Desire to be a teamlead (the team is going to growth in the next 1-2 months).
- Basic knowledge and experience of Node.js would be a plus.
About the product and client:
- Many Forwarders, Shippers, Consignees and NVOCC’s encounter problems with current software like old infrastructure, user unfriendly, error prone due to intransparancy processes and manual tasks, difficult and expensive to customize. Existing (static) software typically built from supplier perspective. EXTRA Shipping Center is an innovative cloud based software supplier for the international and domestic logistical industry. We offer software solutions from a single user up to multiple office environments build out of the user perspective. Our core vision is to offer solutions that are user friendly, provide customization, reliable, easy accessible, and secure. The software solutions we offer focus on improving internal processes, methodologies, cost effectiveness, data quality, measurability and connectivity to third parties. EXTRA Shipping Center offers a community approach concerning innovations that have been designed, developed together with their existing clients. All clients will benefit from the insights and innovations if applicable unless client requests “specific and only for us”. EXTRA Shipping Center is a trade name of the company EXTRA internet services B.V. and was founded in 2012 in Rotterdam the Netherlands, with mission to innovate the technology of logistical industry out of the user’s perspective.
- EXTRA Shipping Center gives you unique opportunities:
- to work in a team of professionals with European business intelligence mindset
- to participate in big data analysis and data science type of engineering during next 3 years.
- to make a business trips to Netherlands(EU).
Conditions of work:
Our 500m2 office is located in historical center of Kharkov (16 Korolenko str.,2 mins from metro station), has modern interior design, lot of sunshine because of a panoramic windows, 3 balconies, large comfortable kitchen/game zone and personal parking. You will get a cozy workdesk along with fast PC, 24inch monitor and high speed Internet/Wi-Fi.
- Opportunity to become a part of our DREAM TEAM, enjoy the atmosphere and help the company in creating innovative software products.
- Outstanding career and professional growth opportunities (opportunity to become a techlead of project engineering team)
- Competitive salary, personal bonuses for excellent delivery and permanent professional growth
- Paid sick leave and vacation
- Annual schedule of corporate parties including pizza, sushi, drinks, birthday celebrations, games, bbq, quests, picnics.
- Paid sport activities such as pin-pong and kicker (table soccer).
- Corporate education programs, certification and participation in corporate knowledge sharing process.