Legend Full-stack hero
About the company:
- Videal was founded in mid-2007 by one software engineer with sales & marketing skills and one talented lead engineer from Kharkiv, Ukraine. We have been walked a long way from working on small consulting projects from freelance websites to building many years successful cooperation in a field of custom software engineering with world-known startups and product companies such as Shop.com, Seleritycorp.com, Extralogisticsoftware.com, Elastic.io, Triggmine.com, Unisender.ru, Modanisa.com, Nutrlilyze.com, GetNugg.com, LocalBlox.com, Accelerate.app and others. Videal successfully delivered over 50 mid-size and long-term projects to the clients from the US and Europe in such industries as: Marketing, eCommerce, FinTech, Logistics & Transportation, Email Marketing, Nutrition, Pharmacy. During the last five years, we transformed all our hard work, experience, and research efforts into the direction of working in Web and Big Data engineering niches, also focused on team extension for product companies. Nowadays, we are proud to say that Videal - is a team of TOP-rated Big Data engineering monsters!
Why and What we expect:
- For the purpose of our Israel partner`s engineering team extension we need a Legend Full-stack hero, who is be able to implement his talents of software architecture design, re-engineering using Node.js/Angular.js, also present in-time delivery skills in a conditions of fast changing environment of classic Silicon Valley startup. The project is web application of modeling design and inspection of 3d models and transferring the final models to 3d printers and manufacturing. Project tasks would be:
- develop new modules(functionality);
- refactoring and re-engineering of existing parts of system;
- improve and change existing modules of the system;
- Read business and technical documentation with a purpose of understanding a business logic of the application.
- Analyze and get full understanding of the existing product architecture.
- Be able to make suggestions regarding product architecture improvements or re-design.
- Develop new functionality(modules) of the product using Node.js with Express, Angular.js within timelines.
- Make refactoring of some existing parts of application using Node.js, Angular.js within timelines.
- Write source code with minimum defects.
- Test all developed functionality manually or develop automated tests.
- Fix bugs(if found) before delivering the code to QA department.
- Commit code to GIT (tested on development stage and ready for test stage)
Communication with customer:
- introduction call: presentation and description of the system, project team.
- daily Scrum meetings with client team.
- Scrum iterations planning meetings with client.
Communication with project coordinator of Videal:
- status/progress meetings (quality, timelines, communication, client`s satisfaction level)
- internal team meetings
- Follow project work schedule: 09-00(11-00) - 18-00(21-00), 1-2 hour for break/lunch.
- Submit a daily status reports in time tracking system about the work that was done during a day including spent hours for each task.
- Give a feedback/propositions regarding new ideas and possible improvements of product or engineering process to Videal project coordinator in a written form.
Videal internal(about 10% of work time):
Professional growth (technologies):
- Create/update personal growth roadmap/plan/skill set
- Perform the activities from personal growth roadmap/plans (permanently)
- Report about the results of personal growth to his mentor
Professional growth (English):
- Create/update English learning roadmap/plan/skill set
- Perform the activities from English learning roadmap/plan
- Take English tests 1 time / Quarter
- Write articles on hot cutting edge JS engineering topics for Videal blog.
- Develop source code samples and resuable modules of functionality, deploy it to corporate GIT ( Videal framework).
- We seek for a mirror mind people who will share our mission, philosophy, values and will continue to grow along with our company for long term period. Candidate should be a process-oriented, strong logical thinking, high accuracy person with a pro-active mindset, a desire and ability of permanent professional growth, also with ability to analyze, process and classify an information and pay attention to details. The candidate should have at least intermediate speaking/writing English level with the abilities to present his own ideas and opinion, give arguments, listen and understand the requirements and needs of a client correctly during the communication.
- Rich experience and knowledge of SQL and MySQL
- Experience of building API using RESTAPI and GraphQL
- Refactoring experience
- Effective work with Git
- NIX systems at the level of the average user
- Advanced writing and speaking English level:
- fluent reading the documentation, watching a video requirements of the project, chatting
- ability to present own ideas, opinion and give arguments
- fast and correct listening and understanding the requirements, needs of a client during communication (Scrum)
- Ability and passion of writing a high quality code, creating a quality product with a minimum of defects
- Ability of following source code standards
- Understanding of what "long-term" project is, desire and ability to gradually make an improvements in a project, without going into global change existing code.
Conditions of work:
Our 500 m2 office is located in historical center of Kharkov (16 Korolenko str.,2 mins from metro station), has modern interior design, lot of sunshine because of a panoramic windows, 3 balconies, large comfortable kitchen/game zone and personal parking. You will get a cozy work desk along with fast PC, 24inch monitor and high speed Internet/Wi-Fi.
- Opportunity to become a part of our DREAM TEAM, enjoy the atmosphere and help the company in creating innovative software products.
- Outstanding career and professional growth opportunities ( opportunity to become a head of JS development department)
- Competitive salary, personal bonuses for excellent delivery and permanent professional growth
- Paid sick leave and vacation
- Annual schedule of corporate parties including pizza, sushi, drinks, birthday celebrations, games, bbq, quests, picnics.
- Paid sport activities such as pin-pong and kicker (table soccer).
- Corporate education programs, certification and participation in corporate knowledge sharing process.