Why and What we expect:
- For a purpose of automation of the development operations in several revolutionary software product companies(Videal` clients), we are looking for a DevOps Master, who loves to make things work, bits and bytes flying in right directions :) and make a life of engineers and customers easier.
Support several small and mid size development teams with multiple AWS accounts and instances in different regions:
- Set up and configure EC2 Linux machines and related packages (Docker, Java, PHP, node.js, Databases, etc.)
- Set up virtual private network and secure access in AWS
- Set up monitoring and resolve incidents (out of space, out of memory, certificates expiration, etc.)
- Set up and manage products AWS (Amazon ES, EC2, ELB, S3, EMR, etc.)
- Write bash scripts and automate infrastructure routine actions
- Use (where possible) Infrastructure as a Code tools (AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- Set up and maintain CI/CD tools (Jenkins, etc)
AWS accounts cost optimization:
- Always think how to solve the task in the most cost-efficient way.
- Propose actions to reduce infrastructure cost for existing accounts and implement them once it's approved
- Follow all new AWS product announcements and suggest improvements to projects' infrastructures.
- Study AWS products and related technologies (monitoring tools, log analysis tools, data bases, etc) to be able to help the team with configuration and improvements
- Monitor and keep tracking on abnormal cost spikes to answer the question why it happened and what could be done to avoid that in future
- On projects with a dedicated DevOps position (full -time or part-time) timely communicate with customer in emails in English.
- In case of project infrastructure incident (going on or just resolved) participate in conf calls with customer biz or tech team.
- Send planned maintenance email notifications.
- Send emails on critical monitoring incidents' fix status (sometimes with the investigated possible reason).
- Communicate with Videal team, pm: questions regarding modules requirements specification, get product knowledgebase, organization questions
- Plan own work and maintenance time slots to avoid US business time over lapses (US safe hours 11 - 14 in summer and 10 - 13 in winter) as well as own/team member’s overtimes (normal office hours: 09-00(11-00) - 18-00(21-00), 1-2 hour for break/lunch).
- Submit daily time reports in Redmine on the work done - spent hours for each task and comments (where possible).
- Give a feedback/propositions regarding new ideas and possible improvements of product/process to Videal PM/techlead.
Videal internal(about 10% of work time):
Professional growth (technologies):
- Create/update personal growth roadmap/plan/skill set
- Perform the activities from personal growth roadmap/plans (permanently)
- Report about the results of personal growth to his mentor
Professional growth (English):
- Create/update English learning roadmap/plan/skill set
- Perform the activities from English learning roadmap/plan
- Take English tests 1 time / Quarter
- We seek for a mirror mind people who will share our mission, philosophy, values and will continue to grow along with our company for long term period. Candidate should be a process-oriented, strong logical thinking, high accuracy person with a pro-active mindset, a desire and ability of permanent professional growth, also with ability to analyze, process and classify an information and pay attention to details. The candidate should have at least intermediate speaking/writing English level with the abilities to present his own ideas and opinion, give arguments, listen and understand the requirements and needs of a client correctly during the communication.
- Perfect knowledge of Linux based OS and network protocols (iptables, ssh, HTTP, FTP, mail, LDAP, Samba, etc)
- Perfect knowledge of AWS products (Amazon ES, EC2, VPC, VPN/ssh tunnel, ELB, S3, EMR, IAM, and Security) and infrastructure
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with any of the following monitoring tools: DataDog, Nagios, CloudWatch, Zabbix, Ganglia, etc.
- Ability to write bash scripts and automate infrastructure routine actions, writing from scratch and modifying config files
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of any programming language, preferably Java.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash.
- Experience with big data projects.
- Knowledge of any Infrastructure as a Code tools (AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with log analysis tools (Splunk, Papertrail, etc.)
- Good understanding of managed and not managed NoSQL databases and key-value storages
- Knowledge of Jenkins or any other CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of Azure and MS Server, IIS, MS SQL Server
- Experience of the Hadoop related stack (HDFS, YARN, HBase, Spark)
- Experience with Ansible
Conditions of work:
Our 500 m2 office is located in historical center of Kharkov (16 Korolenko str.,2 mins from metro station), has modern interior design, lot of sunshine because of a panoramic windows, 3 balconies, large comfortable kitchen/game zone and personal parking. You will get a cozy workdesk along with fast PC, 24inch monitor and high speed Internet/Wi-Fi.
- Opportunity to become a part of our DREAM TEAM, enjoy the atmosphere and help the company in creating innovative software products.
- Outstanding career and professional growth opportunities (opportunity to become a head of devops team)
- Competitive salary, personal bonuses for excellent delivery and permanent professional growth
- Paid sick leave and vacation
- Annual schedule of corporate parties including pizza, sushi, drinks, birthday celebrations, games, bbq, quests, picnics.
- Paid sport activities such as pin-pong and kicker (table soccer).
- Corporate education programs, certification and participation in corporate knowledge sharing process.